A477 St Clears to Red Roses Improvement
- 9.6km of Single Carriageway
- 4km of Climbing Lane on the steeper uphill sections to improve overtaking.
- Principal quantities comprise 1million m³ of excavation and 120,000m² of road surfacing.
- Structures include: 5 no. overbridges, 3 no. underbridges and Afon Hydfron Riverbridge.
- The Afon Taf flood plain which is to be crossed is an SAC of both National and European significance.
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
Early Contractor Involvement
September 2009 - October 2014
This contract was awarded to the Roadbridge/Sisk Joint Venture in September 2009.
The works associated with this project involved the preparation of the Environmental Statement, Draft Orders, Design Development and Construction of the A477 St Clears to Red Roses Trunk Road Improvement. This includes the provision of an integrated service between the designer and contractor who are working in partnership with the Welsh Government. The A477 from St Clears all the way to Pembroke Dock is one of the main links from the M4 motorway into Pembrokeshire.